The arrival of cooler weather inspires the addition of cozy, comfort foods to our family dinner menus. Our Creamy Chicken & Stuffing Bake will leave you feeling satisfied and hoping for leftovers to enjoy again the next day.
This easy, straightforward recipe is a great one for kids to help with too. They can put their stirring skills to the test and then eagerly await the finished product with the enthusiasm only a proud sous chef could have!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 lb. diced chicken, cooked
- ¼ lb. peas & carrots mix, frozen
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ lb. stuffing mix, dry
- 1 tsp. oregano, dry
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Now it’s time for that stirring we mentioned:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. If you’re using a convection oven, drop it down to 350 degrees.
- Combine the chicken, peas and carrots, cream of mushroom soup, oregano, and sour cream in a large pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. *Grow Fit Tip: If you have fresh oregano, feel free to substitute ¼ cup of it chopped, instead of using the dried herb.
- Warm the creamy mixture over medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Prepare the stuffing according to your package directions.
- Grab a baking dish and spoon the chicken mixture into the bottom, this is your first layer!
- Your stuffing acts as the topping. Drop it evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the stuffing is browned with a crispy edge. You’ll want the internal temperature to reach 165 degrees.
Now it’s time to serve it up and enjoy the warmth of a home-cooked meal. It’ll feel even more satisfying if your little helpers join the clean plate club too! Save the recipe card here