Healthy Choices, Healthy Children
Nutrition and Fitness at Our Montessori Schools
Our Montessori schools' unique Grow Fit® initiative ensures the complete well-being of your growing child through healthy living, nutritious eating, and physical fitness. The goal is to help children develop healthy habits for a healthy future.
It starts with healthy meals and snacks—no juice or fried foods. We’re proud to serve:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Foods with whole grains and plenty of vitamins
- Foods free of artificial dyes
- Low- or nonfat, rbST-free milk (whole milk for age 2 and under)
- Vegetarian meal selections
Plus, weekly menus are approved by a registered dietician nutritionist. All servings comply with USDA portion size and nutrition requirements. All meals are served family style.
We’re committed to each child’s dietary needs, so we’re diligent about allergy restrictions and religious beliefs. Please confer with your director should you need a specific food plan.
Keeping children active is an important part of the daily routine. We’re all about movement. We want children to take care of their growing bodies and develop their motor skills.
- 60 minutes of outdoor physical activity for children 2 years and under
- 120 minutes of daily activity (at least 60 minutes outdoors) for children older than 3
Teachers integrate healthy eating and physical activity into daily experiences, such as:
- Sharing books that present a positive view of healthy eating and physical activity
- Teaching health lessons, in subjects such as “energy balance,” or how much food/calories eaten vs. what is used up by the body each day
Learn more about our authentic Montessori programs for every age.
Search our locations and find your local Montessori school, so your child can begin their Montessori experience.